Hazelnuts have been in European and Asian recipes for thousands of years. Now, most of the hazelnuts sold in worldwide markets come from Turkey. Here, we sell both American and Turkish-grown hazelnuts. We deliver the freshest product in 10 and 25-pound boxes to Americans looking for fresh and healthy hazelnuts.
Why We Sell These Bulk Blanched Hazelnuts
Human civilization has consumed Hazelnuts for countless millennia. Evidence suggests that hazelnuts were cultivated and eaten in large quantities as far back as nine thousand years ago. That dates back to the Mesolithic period of humanity. While cultivated since the 1500s BCE, the first widespread hazelnut cultivar was introduced in 1830 BCE.
In the 1940s, very little chocolate was available in Italy, and cocoa was in short supply due to World War II. Ferrero Roche was born from this situation, and today, more people think of hazelnuts teamed up with chocolate as the product called Nutella. Spread over slices of bread. Or wrapped in aluminum foil.
Hazelnuts are low in fats and protein and have many uses:
- Our Bulk Blanched Hazelnuts are the perfect snack. We blanch the hazelnut with hot water to get the skin off. Giving them a white color.
- We also recommend mixing them with other nuts, dried fruit, and seeds to create your special mix.
- Hazelnuts are also famous as “filberts.” They pair well with chocolate, think Nutella, and chefs also used Hazelnuts to make pralines.
- When ground up, hazelnuts can also be a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour.
How Long Will It Take To Get You These Hazelnuts
We can pack and ship as many of these bulk blanched hazelnuts as you want from 10 pounds to 10,000 pounds or more. We can have fresh pallets of hazelnuts sent to you.
We work with some of America’s best and biggest hazelnut growers and processors in America and beyond. When you order, some of these companies could include:
- Oregon Grown Hazelnuts – https://kjhazelnuts.com/
- American Hazelnut Company – https://www.americanhazelnutcompany.com/
- George Hazelnut Packing Company – https://filberts.com/
- Northwest Hazelnut Company – https://hazelnuts.com/
- Ferrero Hazelnut Company – https://www.ferrerohazelnutcompany.com/int/en/
Historically, bulk blanched hazelnuts have been hailed for staying fresh longer than other nuts. This was mainly because it contained lower amounts of oil than almonds or cashews. They will keep in your pantry for up to three months, but we recommend refrigeration, where they will stay fresh for up to 9 months. They are edible for up to two years, just frozen, and lose some quality.
Nutrients Rich With Goodness
Wholesale blanched hazelnuts are dense with essential nutrients. Chief among them are dietary fiber and protein, like most nuts. They are also rich in phosphorus, thiamin, vitamin E, manganese, and magnesium, making them one of the healthiest nuts.
Companies are making several healthy products from hazelnuts. We serve food businesses making trail mixes, bars, coffee creamers, and pressed into oils. They can be crushed and put on top of salads.
We also offer these bulk hazelnuts with skin on them at a similar price.