Wholesale Nuts And Dried Fruit works with the leading processors and importers of edible, wholesale chia seeds. This is how we can guarantee the freshest products are coming into our American ports worldwide. We proudly bring you our all-natural chia seeds at a reasonable wholesale price.
About Our Bulk Chia Seeds
The history of our chia seeds dates back to ancient Aztec and Mayan cultures. This tiny black seed is a part of the flowering plant Salvia Hispanic (a variety of mint). It is considered impressive for its ability to provide sustainable energy. Considered today a “superfood,” chia seeds are rising in popularity in most health-conscious communities.
With little to no taste, the chia seed can be used in a wide range of your favorite healthy go-to snacks. No altering or complicating the original recipe. Uniquely, they still serve as an excellent and powerful source of vitamins and minerals. This functional seed has no known allergens and can improve the nutritional value of any routine diet.
- Chia Seeds swell quickly after absorbing moisture. Best served or integrated into a recipe after soaking them in liquid or moist food. We do not recommend consuming the chia seed dry.
- In general, smoothies are a popular way to add chia seeds into one’s daily diet. The seed compliments a variety of fruits and veggies you may use.
- Try Chia Pudding! Mix seeds with milk or a similar sweetener, then add fruit for a delicious and well-rounded snack.
- Additionally, adding Chia Seeds to baked goods such as muffins, cookies, crackers, energy bars, and bread is a great use of this superfood.
- Chia seeds will absorb 10-12 times their weight in water, making them an excellent binder in egg-free baking. Mix 1 tablespoon of the seeds (or two tablespoons powder when ground) alongside three tablespoons of water and set aside until the mixture of seeds gel and thickens. Use this method for each egg required In your recipe for baked goods.
Storing Your Bulk Chia Seeds
Store chia seeds in an airtight container in a cool and dry space. Significantly, This will give them a shelf life of up to 2 years. Especially, compared to other seeds, Chia Seeds last up to a long four years when stored in a fridge or freezer. We recommend refrigerating seeds in the freezer to maximize freshness and storage life.
Chia seeds are what Nutritionists consider to be one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. For a good reason. Chia seeds are a sustainable energy source. Just two tablespoons of chia seeds contain approximately 140 calories, 4 grams of protein, 11 grams of fiber, and 7 grams of unsaturated fat.
The Chia seed is the richest plant source of omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds are a complete protein containing nine essential amino acids our bodies cannot produce.
Also recommended for fiber are our Wholesale White Quinoa Seeds.
Certified Chia Seeds
We offer twenty-five-pound boxes that are certified by a variety of authorities in the United States.
These boxes have the USDA Organic Seal for growing food with fewer pesticides. The USDA organic seal is an official mark protected by federal regulation and overseen by the National Organic Program (NOP). Furthermore, certified farms and businesses are authorized to use the seal to identify their products as organic.
These boxes have the Kosher Certification from the Chicago Rabbinical Council. The largest regional Orthodox organization in North America, the cRc is a not-for-profit offering various Jewish services, including kosher certifications. We are proud to offer Kosher certified products from a global authority.
These boxes have the Vegan.org certification for not containing animal products. Also, there are no byproducts that have not been tested on animals. The certified logo is easily visible to consumers interested in vegan products. Helping vegans to shop without constantly consulting ingredient lists.