Go healthy, or stay home! While taking a break from work, you should also take a break from some unhealthy habits.
Memorial Day weekend, starting Friday, May 26th this year, is the ‘unofficial, official’ start to the Summer vacation season. If you don’t have your summer vacation plans set yet, consider this:
According to the Huffington Post, a study done at Erasmus University in Rotterdam found that among 1,500 Dutch adults, 974 took a vacation; those who took time off were happier than those who did not. They attribute this mainly to the excitement people experience in anticipation of their holiday.
When you plan your next vacation, consider destinations that take you away from work and some unhealthy habits, a casualty of a hectic lifestyle. These mind-body-soul retreats are available around the country and the world. We list some top summer vacation destinations below:
- Canyon Ranch Resort And Spa in Lenox, MA: This mountain retreat is a blast from the past in the Berkshires. Set in a renovated, old mansion, you can treat yourself to limitless spa treatments, yoga classes, and healthy gourmet meals.
- Fisher Island Club in Fisher Island, FL: Seven minutes from Miami, the Fisher Island Club offers an over-the-top spa, golf, tennis, and swimming. Frequented by celebrities, due to the retreat’s guarantee of endless privacy, you can soak in the sun while you keep an eye out for your favorite movie star.
- Lake Austin Spa Resort in Austin, TX: Billing itself as “America’s Favorite All-Inclusive Spa,” it’s said to be at its peak during the summer when it’s considered camp for adults. Paddleboarding, yoga, and the delightful “Lakeside Spa” all make for an adventure to remember.
- Miraval Resort in Tucson, AZ: Privy to panoramic views of the Sonoran Desert, nature is right outside of your door at this oasis retreat. Breathe in gorgeous views of wildlife, and breathe out the stress of life in crowded metropolitan areas. Choose an all-inclusive meal plan with daily yoga, aqua fitness classes, and floating meditation.
- Red Mountain Resort in St. George, UT: Nestled in the red rocks of Utah. You can partake in healthy meals and endless activities like guided hikes and biking adventures. You can do a mini National Park tour, as Bryce and Zion are within driving distance. They describe themselves as a ‘getaway from your average getaway.’
…and Many More Summer Vacation Destinations.
You CAN find healthy options in unexpected places as well. Read New Jersey Fresh Fruit Truck.
These are but 5 of the countless healthy vacation retreats in the US. We didn’t even begin to explore options outside of the US, which are also plentiful. Before long, we are listing every local day spa worldwide. Then we figured out the top summer vacation destinations with the amenities we wanted.
Enjoy yourself and reclaim your health this summer. Most of all are safe! If you need snacks for your trip (and want to keep to that strict vacation budget), pick up some delicious nuts and dried fruit here before you take off.